Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pre-Construction Meeting Is Done

Went to our Pre-Construction meeting yesterday and met the PM for the first time. Seems like a good guy. The meeting only took a little over an hour since I was able to read some other blogs and question lists, I was able to find out a few things out prior to this. Actually he did a good job answering some questions as he went along his checklist without me having to ask, cutting down on the time we needed to be there. They are still waiting on our permit to come back from the county, so that is the biggest hiccup of course. He did state that if they can get started before the end of month, we are looking at a completion date in July sometime.


Some of the questions that were important to us:


  •  Will the 2 pc rough-in powder room in the basement be dry walled?  No, it wont. I was under the impression that it would be with exception of a toilet and sink since the basement is going to be finished. the PM did say they would at least run the water lines to it for my "permit troubles" . Well, it beats a stick in the eye I suppose.

  • Will the lawn be sod or seeded?  Grass will be seeded, since it is a 1/2 acre lot (money issue of course for them) They will however provide the hoses and sprinklers so you can give it your own tender loving care.


  • Can you pick out the types of shrubs and tree for the landscape package? No, they will pick a flowering tree and shrubs. You can't have the same tree as a neighbor. They like to mix it up in the development. (We were adamant that we DO NOT want a maple)


  • Will our shower have a swing or slider door? Swing door thank god.

  • Basement door: Will it be just a regular door or will it have a glass plane like the models? Just a plain regular door. Looks like we will getting our own door later.

  • Will the egress window be in the way of our future deck/patio? No, it won't. We actually have moved it to storage room which is in back of the house near kitchen window vs. having it on the side of house and visible from the road. Besides, it is supposed to be a man cave. Who needs light anyway?



4 comments:

  1. Just found your log today. We are also building a Florence (outside Pittsburgh) and had our pre-construction meeting yesterday. We had the same questions about our yard as you did. I can't wait for our house to start going up next week! Now if only someone would buy our current house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Congrats! Now let the fun begin. Everyone I know who had sod HATED it. Actually one of my friends who built a few years back ripped hers out and planted seed. She has a gorgeous yard :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a blog Lauren? I'd love to check it out if you do. Now that I know that it will be seeded, I kinda hope for a wet summer so we wont have an outrageous water bill.It's already $100 or more each month now.

    Chrissie, I'm ready for the fun to begin. Fingers crossed it will be next week. I'm glad I only live about 10 minutes away so I can check progress daily once it does start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see it's moving forward. Just found your blog last week. We have our pre-construction meeting 5/1 (in Virginia). I was glad to find some questions worth asking.

    ReplyDelete